You can use the guideline below to understand where most children and adults PD measurements are:
Most Adult PD's are between 55mm and 65mm (mm = millimeters)
Most Kids PD's are between 45mm and 55mm (mm = millimeters)
In this example the PD measurement would be 58 millimeters. The start of the ruler (or zero) is centered on the first pupil and from the zero to the center of the second pupil (blue line to blue line) the measurement is 58.
To measure your PD (Pupillary Distance) follow these 4 easy steps:
- Print the Millimeter ruler. Click Here To Print Ruler
- Fold the paper to the edge of the ruler.
- Have a friend stand at arms length away from you.
- With your friend remaining at arms length, have them place the ruler on the bridge of your nose.
- Line up the zero (0) at the center of one eye and read the number that is lined up at the center of the opposite eye. This is your Distance PD.
On the order page, you can find your PD (Pupillary Distance) number in the drop down labeled: PD (Pupillary Distance Measurement). If you already have your PD (Pupillary Measurement) and it looks different, you can type exactly what is written on your prescription in the box provided.
If you still have concerns or questions, please feel free to contact us at: